Hari Bhajan is a very positive, caring and lovely human being. She is a genius life coach, poet and creator of the highly inspiring website: www.yogamint.com. Today we are lucky enough to have her on the show! Hari Bhajan studied directly with Yogi Bhajan. On the show she shares with us memories of his teachings as well as discusses being a spiritual entrepreneur, giving us tips on growing our business into a successful enterprise. This really is a very uplifting show!
***TO LISTEN CLICK THE TITLE ABOVE, OR CLICK THE ITUNES LINK.
May 2010 be 2010 x's better than 2009 for you!
Please feel free to email me with your concerns and or if you need guidance with your business!
About The Great Women
The inspiration of The Great Women’s Podcast is to inspire women to not be afraid to reach for their dreams, to overcome any obstacle and share the success of everything life has to offer! If you are a Great Woman or know of a Great Woman and would like to be considered for the podcast please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for visiting!!
2010 is here! Yay!! 2010 has a lot of great things coming up. Next up, we have owner of Yogamint, Hari Bhajan, She is a very powerful, inspiring spiritual teacher, so stayed tuned for that! We also have a great line up of entrepreneurial women, including a self-made, now retired millionaire who is still in her 30s!!! Amazing!! TGW will also be expanding out of the blog and into a website with articles, interviews, videos and more!!! And thats just the beginning for what we have planned! It's going to be an amazing year. I'm so glad to have you here! Keep on tuning in. And feel free to email me with your suggestions and comments. Lots of love,
Wanna know what an NYC Nightlife Icon is listening to?
Check out Justine D.'s Top 10 List here:
1. Desire- Miroir Miroir
- Falling Down
4. Julee Cruise
5. Cold Cave
- Cursed By The Cross
6. The Jesus and Mary Chain
- Sometimes Always
7. Kate Bush- This Woman's Work
8. Free Energy
- Dream City
9. The XX
10. Modeselektor- Cash
When I think of NYC night life, the first person that always pops into mind is Justine D. Maybe it's because she's been DJing and Promoting there successfully for 11 years. Maybe it's because I remember having some of the best times of my life at her parties. Maybe its because she's beautiful and I remember her being interviewed in magazines for her skills, along with modeling in them. Or D, all of the above. Justine D. is the girl every girl wants to be, beautiful, self-confident, successful and just down-right nice. Today she joins us and shares with us her journey through the magical world of NYC night life. She tells us how she took her passion, music, and turned it into a full-time career. This podcast is really a fantastic one! So glad to have her join the show! Please check back as Justine is going to make a music list for us and let us all know what she's been listening to lately!
****TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW, CLICK THE TITLE ABOVE OR TO LISTEN THROUGH ITUNES CLICK THE LINK AT THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE PAGE LABELED: THE GREAT WOMEN ITUNES LINK
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! HOPE YOU ALL ARE VERY BLESSED THIS HOLIDAY.
Please check in with us next week to hear The Heavyweight Champion of the DJ/Promoter world, Justine D. give us advice on becoming successful in this arena.
If you are curious about the beautiful Justine D. and want to read more before the interview please check out her website here:
My best friend in NYC is sick. Her name is Jessica, she works for VH1 as an associate producer, a very high-demanding job. Everyone also knows NYC is cold right now. So, its not really a surprise. When her cold didn't go away for a week, I knew I had to let her in on my 'get well quick' secrets. It worked so well on her I decided to share it with the world.
You see, I am one of those annoying people that never sick. Sorry! hehe...But that means I know what I'm talking about so if you want to stay well during this cold/flu season, follow these simple directions.
If you aren't sick and you would like to stay well I reccommend the following:
1. Learn how to meditate and do it everyday. This doesn't have to be an hour long session or anything crazy like that. You can start with 5 minutes a day. This will reduce your stress levels and do lots of other amazing things to your body and spirit, like keep you well! If you don't know how to meditate please check out my video on youtube:
2. Drink lots of water everyday. We are 75% water, that means we are 75% liquid, which means keep it flowing to keep it going! Flush out all those toxins everyday and continue to flush them out. I drink two 8 oz. glasses of water as soon as I wake up and then try to have a glass of water with me through out the entire day.
3. Pace yourself. Don't party/drink/go out whatever you call it every night. Take care of your body, give it plenty of rest and it will take care of you back.
4. Eat healthy. I know, I know these things are pretty obvious right? But you'd be surprised how many people just don't do these things and wonder why they are getting sick all the time. Eat a variety of healthy foods, veggies, fruits, grains, protein. Avoid fast food or anything controlled by the government (you know, like corn, fast food beef, etc).
5. Exercise. Yup, exercise. Like running, riding a bike, lifting weights, etc. haha. You get the picture!
If you follow these super duper simple steps you will not get sick, maybe not ever!
Now, if you are sick and you want it to go away really quick or you're in the very beginning and feel it coming on (which is as far as I ever get with 'sick'), follow these simple steps back to wellness:
1. ALL OF THE ABOVE, MINUS EXERCISE.
2. Take advil as directed on the bottle
3. Go buy Cold-eaze at your local pharmacy. Follow as directed.
4. Also get Emergen-C packs. Follow as direct on the packaging.
5. Lots and lots of water, never let the water coming in you and *ahem* out of you, stop. Drink, drink, drink!
6. Eat good ole chicken noodle soup, hopefully some that mom or dad made. If not, store bought is fine.
7. Lots and lots of rest.
If you do that I PROMISE you will kick it way, way faster than you have ever kicked a cold before.