About The Great Women
The inspiration of The Great Women’s Podcast is to inspire women to not be afraid to reach for their dreams, to overcome any obstacle and share the success of everything life has to offer! If you are a Great Woman or know of a Great Woman and would like to be considered for the podcast please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for visiting!!
When I think of NYC night life, the first person that always pops into mind is Justine D. Maybe it's because she's been DJing and Promoting there successfully for 11 years. Maybe it's because I remember having some of the best times of my life at her parties. Maybe its because she's beautiful and I remember her being interviewed in magazines for her skills, along with modeling in them. Or D, all of the above. Justine D. is the girl every girl wants to be, beautiful, self-confident, successful and just down-right nice. Today she joins us and shares with us her journey through the magical world of NYC night life. She tells us how she took her passion, music, and turned it into a full-time career. This podcast is really a fantastic one! So glad to have her join the show! Please check back as Justine is going to make a music list for us and let us all know what she's been listening to lately!
****TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW, CLICK THE TITLE ABOVE OR TO LISTEN THROUGH ITUNES CLICK THE LINK AT THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE PAGE LABELED: THE GREAT WOMEN ITUNES LINK
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! HOPE YOU ALL ARE VERY BLESSED THIS HOLIDAY.
Please check in with us next week to hear The Heavyweight Champion of the DJ/Promoter world, Justine D. give us advice on becoming successful in this arena.
If you are curious about the beautiful Justine D. and want to read more before the interview please check out her website here:
My best friend in NYC is sick. Her name is Jessica, she works for VH1 as an associate producer, a very high-demanding job. Everyone also knows NYC is cold right now. So, its not really a surprise. When her cold didn't go away for a week, I knew I had to let her in on my 'get well quick' secrets. It worked so well on her I decided to share it with the world.
You see, I am one of those annoying people that never sick. Sorry! hehe...But that means I know what I'm talking about so if you want to stay well during this cold/flu season, follow these simple directions.
If you aren't sick and you would like to stay well I reccommend the following:
1. Learn how to meditate and do it everyday. This doesn't have to be an hour long session or anything crazy like that. You can start with 5 minutes a day. This will reduce your stress levels and do lots of other amazing things to your body and spirit, like keep you well! If you don't know how to meditate please check out my video on youtube:
2. Drink lots of water everyday. We are 75% water, that means we are 75% liquid, which means keep it flowing to keep it going! Flush out all those toxins everyday and continue to flush them out. I drink two 8 oz. glasses of water as soon as I wake up and then try to have a glass of water with me through out the entire day.
3. Pace yourself. Don't party/drink/go out whatever you call it every night. Take care of your body, give it plenty of rest and it will take care of you back.
4. Eat healthy. I know, I know these things are pretty obvious right? But you'd be surprised how many people just don't do these things and wonder why they are getting sick all the time. Eat a variety of healthy foods, veggies, fruits, grains, protein. Avoid fast food or anything controlled by the government (you know, like corn, fast food beef, etc).
5. Exercise. Yup, exercise. Like running, riding a bike, lifting weights, etc. haha. You get the picture!
If you follow these super duper simple steps you will not get sick, maybe not ever!
Now, if you are sick and you want it to go away really quick or you're in the very beginning and feel it coming on (which is as far as I ever get with 'sick'), follow these simple steps back to wellness:
1. ALL OF THE ABOVE, MINUS EXERCISE.
2. Take advil as directed on the bottle
3. Go buy Cold-eaze at your local pharmacy. Follow as directed.
4. Also get Emergen-C packs. Follow as direct on the packaging.
5. Lots and lots of water, never let the water coming in you and *ahem* out of you, stop. Drink, drink, drink!
6. Eat good ole chicken noodle soup, hopefully some that mom or dad made. If not, store bought is fine.
7. Lots and lots of rest.
If you do that I PROMISE you will kick it way, way faster than you have ever kicked a cold before.
CLICK THE TITLE ABOVE TO LISTEN THE OLD WAY. :))))
go to your iTunes store, search THE GREAT WOMEN and subscribe and it will be automatically downloaded everytime there is a new podcast!!
Good Afternoon to all of you out there on this very auspicious numerological day. November 11th, 2009 in numerology is 11:11:11. I'll let you guys figure that out! Anyway, make a wish! Maybe it will come true!
Now onto the very wonderful and exciting podcast!!! Laura Thereza owner of State of Mind water is here!
Laura Thereza is a brilliant, highly motivated entrepreneur with dreams that she has made a reality! Laura took a simple idea and made it into a very profitable company creating a successful bottled water brand. Today we find out how she did it. Please listen in!
Sat Nam and Good Morning Great Women and Men out there!! Today is a special day! The day of the GATEWAY!! It is 11.11.11 (2+9=11). Our Great Woman, Alexandra Aitken has prepared a meditation for us on this special day where dreams come! You know when you see 11:11 on the clock how you make a wish? Well, guess what, the entire day is like that today! So take a few minutes out of your day and join Ally in doing a meditation for love, healing and wishes!
CLICK THE TITLE ABOVE TO GO TO LINK.
CLICK HERE: http://www.yogamint.com/_webapp_2609547/11-11-11__Day_of_Mastery
Hi All Wonderful Women out there!!
I'd like to take a minute to tell you about our sponsor Yogamint. Yogamint is a Wonderfully Amazing website full of great positive articles to uplift your spirit by teaching you all kinds of things in small easily readable articles. They range in categories from healthy eats, meditation, and body care to name a few. I really love that the articles are short and straight to the point! I think in our busy, busy schedules nowadays this is the kind of information we need!
You can spend 10 minutes on the site, learn a new recipe, why you should turn off the 6pm news and discover a great tip to propel your success!!!
I like to check Yogamint once a day just to give my day a little illumination! Please check it out and let me know what you think! When you visit our sponsors you are helping the podcast so Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Blessings and Love!!!